To record audio from a camera with a built-in or line-in microphone you will need to enable it first.
You can do this via the NVR or the Web Interface of the camera. If the camera has both line-in and an in-built microphone, you will have to select the option you wish to use in the web interface.
How to Enable the Microphone via the NVR
Right Click and select Main Menu, then Camera.
- Select Encode then More Setting.
- Enable the Audio Encode option. Select OK then the Apply button. Depending on the camera and where the microphone is connected, you may need to change the Audio Source option.
How to enable Audio Recording via the Camera's Web Interface
How to access the Web Interface
There are two methods to connect to an IP camera's web interface, depending on how the camera is connected to the recorder. The reason to connect directly to the web interface, is to adjust specific settings that are unable to be setup from the recorder. Such as PTZ camera idle motion settings, and ANPR camera settings.
Accessing Cameras that are directly connected to an NVR
When using a recorder with inbuilt PoE ports, the cameras that are connected will automatically get assigned an IP address from the recorder.
In order to login to the camera, we first need to login to the NVR. This method works on recorders that are using the black user interface.
- Connect your computer to the same network as the recorder.
- If there is internet access, your computer should receive an IP address in the same IP address range of the recorder. If your computer does not receive an IP address or there is no modem/router, see the "Changing the IP address on a Windows Computer" section to statically assign an IP address in the same range as the recorders IP address.
- On the recorder, go to Main Menu > Network. Note down the IP address of the recorder.
- On the computer, open Internet Explorer and enter the IP address of the recorder.
- If the computer is able to see the recorder, you will see a login page. Enter the recorders username and password.
- Select Setting > Camera > Camera List.
- Next to each camera, there will be a icon. Select the icon next to the camera you wish to connect to.
- A new page will open, bringing up the login page for the camera. Enter the username and password for the camera. Usually, the username is admin, and the password is the same as the recorder.
- Navigate to Setting > Camera > Audio
- Tick Enable to under Main Stream to enable the microphone for the Main Stream. This is the high quality stream that is used for recording.
- Tick Enable under Sub Stream to enable the microphone for the Sub Stream. This is the low quality stream used for remote streaming e.g via DMSS.
- Set the AudioIn Type. Mic is for the In-built Mic. Line-In is for a Microphone that is wired in. NOTE: Options available will differ by model.
- Click Save to save your changes.