When configuring a new IP camera for the first time (or after a factory reset), an initialisation process must be performed before the camera can be used. This process was introduced to enhance security by removing the default "admin" password, instead adding a method for the installer to create this password themselves during installation.
On recorders released after January 2018 this process can be performed through the recorder user interface - On recorders with inbuilt PoE ports this process happens automatically and the current recorder "admin" password is copied to the cameras. Any recorder built before this date will need to have cameras initialised manually using a PC / Laptop before they can be used.
If you are installing multiple cameras that will be connected to an external PoE switch, the cameras will need to initialised, the quickest way of doing so is by following method 1 below and initialising cameras in a bulk lot.
The initialisation process can also be performed using the latest version of our Config Tool - Please see the images below showing how this is done. To speed up the process the Config Tool also allows you to initialise multiple cameras at once.
1. Download and open Config Tool.
2. Put a check in the box next to the device you would like to Initialise, and select the Initialize button.
3. Select the Initialize button.
4. Enter a password, that is at least 8 characters, and is a mix of letters and numbers. Enter an email address, this will be used if the password is ever forgotten. Select Next.
5. Depending on the installation requirements, you can check or uncheck the boxes for Easy4IP (P2P Remote Access) and Auto-check for updates. Select OK.
6. An error icon may appear, if you select it, it will describe the error.
7. If the status shows as Initialized, the process was completed successfully.
If you are connecting the camera to a recorder via a network switch, the IP address of the camera must be set manually to an address within the network range of the recorder. This quick video explains how to add an IP camera to an NVR using a network switch.
The below article also explains the process.
Once initialisation is complete, the next step will be to add the camera to your recorder. If you will be connecting the camera directly to the PoE ports of a VIP Vision / Watchguard NVR, simply plug the camera in and it will be detected and added automatically. If the camera shows does not show video and a message is displayed saying "Invalid Username or Password", follow the steps below.
1. Open Camera Registration by navigating to Main Menu > Camera > Camera List.
Our customer care team is here for you.Contact Support