When updating to the new AI firmware there is a risk of damaging the NVR if you jump too far forward in firmware versions. We recommend updating it incrementally.
Step 1 - Determine the build date of your current firmware
In the Blue UI it can be found at Main Menu > (Info) System > Version
In the Black UI it can be found at Main Menu > Maintain > System Info OR Operation > Information > Version
Step 2 - Download and install the firmware that has the next newest build date. Repeat until you have reached the latest firmware.
In the example above the build date is 30-05-2018. So the firmware we want to start at in this example is 2018-10-12.
- Download the firmware from the list at the bottom of this article
- Put it on a USB and plug it into the NVR
- Select the System Update option that appears
- Select Upgrade
- Select the firmware file, then press Start
Step 3 - Factory Default the NVR
Before factory defaulting the NVR, ensure that you know the username and password of the system.
1. Navigate to Main Menu > Maintain
2. Select Manager > Default
3. Select Factory Defaults.
4. Select OK to confirm.